I write this as you yell at me from your room, because lately you don’t like to sleep. You’d rather throw all of your necessary sleeping aids (Fake Tom, bottle, and Binky) out of the crib and wait for The Mommy and The Daddy to come pick them all up to hand them to you. It’s not very funny, do stop.
You turned 14 months old yesterday. You are quiet the personality now, not that you weren’t before, you just learn new tricks and gain more traits each week! You have the most facial expressions I’ve ever seen on a baby, and they’re so funny. You will smile at EVERYONE. You always make friends, because you will smile at someone until they’re forced to recognize them! Nobody ever ignores you.
I knew that you’d learn the word “no”. I felt bad at first because, I must be saying it a lot for you to know it! I don’t really feel bad anymore because it’s super cute. You sound like Consuela, the housekeeper from family guy. I would prefer it if you’d use it at different times other than mealtime. Every time I try to feed you, you say “noooooooooooooooooo”! You also throw your hands up to your head every time I say “aye yayay” (in a spanish accent of course). You try your best to call our cats to you. I think you’re imitating Real Tom’s meow/howl. Every time we walk outside, he makes sure to tell us he’s out there and that we need to talk to him. It used to sound like you were looking at him and saying “dog”, but now I’m pretty sure you’re just speaking in cat to him. It’s a step in the right direction to mending your relationship with him, because all you’ve really done to him this far is poke his eye and scream at him. I’d be afraid of you too. He’ll come around.
Oh yea, your friend Mackie taught you how to walk! Well, sort of, you take steps now without our help! I’m convinced Mackie should make a “secrets to walking for babies” DVD. We could write her a testimonial to put on the back of the DVD.
- You have 4 teeth.
- You think fighting with me over food is fun.
- Your hair looks amazing in pig tails, but is in your eye when it’s down.
- You had your first cold the day after your birthday this year, and then gave it to me, thanks for that.
- You hate the doctor. Actually, you hate any sort of room that resembles a doctors office, that means changing you in bathrooms is a no no.
- You have a ritual of taking off your socks and shoes in my car, and throwing them, making every car rid a scavenger hunt. I guess we won’t be having our windows down this summer. I’d hate for you to give a pedestrian a concussion with a sippy cup out the window!
- You give kisses.
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE to dance. You might like to dance even more than taking a bath.You like to lift up the Mommy’s shirt and poke the belly where your brother lives.
- You love to sport polished nails. Okay, maybe I just love that.
Your favorite foods (when you eat) are:
- Pasta with red sauce
- Green beans mixed with creamy soup
- Potato soup
- Hair rubber bands
oh yea…you’ve discovered the toilets and toilet accessories! ARGH
Even when I’m really sad, you will do things to make me laugh and that’s the best gift I could ask for. I’m amazed when I look back at your newborn pictures, it’s like it was yesterday. Time has gone by so fast and I want it back to re live!