I encounter some interesting people throughout my day. Because I work in a large place…the people are rather…eclectic. They say some really off the wall things to me. Things, that if I didn’t know their personality, would probably make me feel really bad!
I’d like to quote a few people:
- “oh my gosh Bell, you’ve REALLY been eating, huh?!”
- “You just get bigger and bigger every day I see you!”
- “Are you like, about to give birth soon!?” (ok that one was a little inappropriate but I couldn’t leave it out!)
Good thing I can tell when people mean well! 🙂
I have to wonder if I’ve said inappropriate things to pregnant women before and just never gave it a second thought because I meant well!
How many weeks: 31 (well, almost!)
Size of baby: Um…maybe 3lbs? I don’t think they update what size they think she is until we do another ultrasound. They DID say I was measuring a week ahead (at 32 weeks)…which is a change because I WAS a week behind. I’ve done some major growing in 2 weeks. It’s pretty evident to myself and others.
Total Weight Gain: according to Johns evil scale- 22lbs
Movement: A lot. All the time!!! I can press around my tummy and figure out if I am feeling a head or feet…IT’S CREEPY. John agrees. He keeps saying: “stop picking on the baby!!!!!”
Sleep: Hah. No. 3-4 hours a night. And it’s usually not quality sleep.
What I miss: Sitting and standing comfortably. The only comfortable position is laying down on my side…even when I sit, my stomach presses against my legs! EW!
Cravings: I can’t really pin point any cravings this week. A lot of the time, I feel like there’s just no way that anything else can fit inside of my abdomen…maybe that’s why I don’t really specifically crave anything right now. Don’t get me wrong, I eat A LOT.
Symptoms: Ugh. My pelvis hurts really bad. My feet are a close second with hurting today. Unpleasant things are happening to my bust. I don’t even have the guts to go mention what they are.
Clothes: I LOVE FRANCESCA’S!!! They have stuff that I would wear on a normal day (and will later). I’m not super duper into maternity stores. Well, except for pants. Regular pants don’t work for me now. I have even grown out of some of my maternity jeans. No bueno.
Good things that happened this week:
- I started painting our cabinets so they don’t look so old fashioned.
- John’s mom brought over the dog zapper. (We WILL train these darn dogs!!!!!!)
- The doctor assured me that the baby is not falling out. Contrary to what I have been thinking. The pressure is crazy!
- It’s teen mom tuesday. The best night for television ever. Too bad this is the last one for a while!
- Although birth class was terrifying, we had a moment of laughter during what was supposed to be meditation. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard at John.