- My parents put me in a bucket when I was little (around 1 year old) and took pictures! Pictures. I’m butt naked too! I tried to hide all of these as the years went by. I’m very certain they still exist.
SOOOOO…..I promised myself a VERY LONG TIME AGO that I would never put my baby in a bucket to take a picture. I changed my mind. I’ve been seeing newborn pictures…and OH MY GOSH! Newborns posed in buckets, giant coffee mugs, and baskets are ADORABLE! I guess it’s time to go bucket shopping.
I can’t post any of the pictures I found online of these sweet baby pictures…BUT Google “newborn baby photo bucket”…and thank me later.
MOVING ALONG… I will do my 35 week post a couple days early…
How Far Along: 35 Weeks (well, in a couple days…)
Size of baby: 5.25 lbs (the size of a honeydew melon and the legnth of your 17 inch laptop screen) Got that second one from www.hisboyscanswim.com
Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs is what the scale says…and it’s said that for a couple weeks so I am hoping I am at a stand still!
Movement: LOTS AS USUAL! I keep reading that her movement will decrease but so far…IT HASN’T! It so much sometimes I cringe! I used to absolutely love it…but that was when it was little love taps. Now it’s aggressive! It’s also a lot lower than normal…A LOT. Like WAYYYYYYYYY down in my pelvis…where I’m told her head is at right now. Which is good.
Sleep: This answer never changes for the better. If it’s not one thing…it’s another! Usually it’s a comfort thing…I only have two sleeping positions available to accommodate the pumpkin attached to my torso. Sometimes I have nightmares…I HATE those!!!! I’ve been told hormones cause these- I’ve had them every since the first few weeks of pregnancy, so it makes sense. They’re always about someone important in my life and I presume this is because as a mother I want to protect my baby and everyone I love who will be involved with my baby’s life- and I need all of them to be there! It’s scary to ever dream that anything happens to my family!
What I miss:
- Sleeping on my stomach.
- Walking at a normal pace.
- Control of my bladder! WHAT?! Yea I can drink a gallon of water…have a RAGING URGE TO PEE…Then pee out a cap full of liquid. What’s up with that?! Where did all that water go? And why did I have to GO SOOOO BAD? Mysteries.
- Being an awesome cook. (Is that pregnancy related?) I feel like I screw up an element of almost every dish I make lately! I blamed the first few bad dinners on our oven…but I made lasagna tonight…and it…well, it just wasn’t very good. 😦 My goal for tomorrow is to make a good dinner for John.
- Chili Cheese pups from Krystal.
- Pumpkin Pie (or my favorite alternative of butternut squash pie:))
- Tacos are also in my near future.
- and….food from a glorious place in Birmingham…FLIP BURGER. http://www.flipburgerboutique.com/# I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! They have the best martinis. Guess those are a no go for me…but what makes them so cool, is they use nitrogen to freeze the tops. So when you get your drink it’s smoking from being so cold! I plan to get a shrimp burger, fried okra, sweet potato tots, AND…wait for it….A FRENCH TOAST MILKSHAKE!!! Gosh. Heart be still. This has been one of my favorite places to eat since even before I moved to Birmingham. Please go there and treat yourself. (I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION THE KRISPY KREME DONUT SHAKE. LORDY!!!!)
- Just go to this website and be prepared to laugh! http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/473/pregnancy-gas-early-pregnancy-wifes-gas-drives-husband-out-of-house
- Contractions. OUCH. They make me scared about what’s to come in a few weeks.
- Feeling anxious about finishing some small things in preparation for little Harper.
- Extreme thirst. EXTREME. I’m like a water buffalo. I go to a restaurant and I’m all like “don’t worry about a cup, I’ll just put my head under the spigot!”
Big things happening this week:
- The outside of our house is finished with new vinyl! woohoo!
- We better be carving our flippin pumpkins!
- Decorating for a Halloween party on saturday.
- Maybe going to see paranormal activity…in an effort to scare myself to death when John isn’t home.
- Car seat installation. (Apparently fire and police departments don’t do this anymore…so John and I are following the instructions step by step to make sure we have little Harper as safe as she can be!!)
- Maybe go to a new restaurant!
- Finish the nursery?????? Maybe??????
(OH…MY GOSH!!!!!!! – This is my friend, Ashley’s, little boy – Easton! So adorable!!!!)