I was told this would happen…it’s unavoidable…and ever so frustrating…people that have unhelpful criticism and advice about my new baby!
I am slowly and begrudgingly figuring out that I just have to nod my head and smile when put in these situations.
It is hard though!! 🙂 I’d rather throw a Harper-esc tantrum and yell “I live with my baby, I know her better than you do!!”
What is NOT encouraging is:
- Letting me know what is wrong with my child with all certainty.
- Offering advice while adding what I am doing wrong.
- Implying in any way, shape, or form that I am hurting my baby.
What IS encouraging:
- Letting me know when I am doing a great job being a mother.
- When someone offers educated helpful advice while leaving all the criticism out.
- Asking me questions about what I like to do with my baby, instead of just doing it your way.
Whew! Please keep the ENCOURAGING comments coming and leave the DISCOURAGING ones behind…it really will make everyone’s lives so much easier.