I think a lot of new moms have this problem. Feeling judged by others on how they care for their child.
We let it get to us because really…who wants to feel like a bad parent ever?! Nobody. Especially not GREAT parents!
I find myself feeling judged for:
- Not washing new clothes or packaged blankets before I use them on my baby.
- Having a baby sitter watch our child.
- Being a little more public than most people.
- Forgetting to put socks on Harper.
- Not knowing what’s wrong EVERY time she cries in front of people.
- Not catching every nail that grows too long, causing her to scratch herself.
- Pumping breast milk instead of letting her latch on.
- Changing her in public and not going to the restroom. (Might I add, I had a terrible first time restaurant changing experience!!!)
Things I would probably be judged for if everyone knew: (Well, NOW YOU KNOW! 🙂 )
- Going to the nail salon with Harper.
- Not using a special detergent for baby items.
- Starting her on rice cereal before the recommended age.
- Letting her wiggle off the bed into the floor! ( Ok, maybe I judged myself much more than anyone ever could for this one!! UGH!!! I may cry again!!)
- I use different brands of diapers!!
- I’ve forgotten wipes in my baby bag before and had to just change a pee diaper without wiping! (Whoops)
- Sometimes in the early mornings when I go back to sleep with Harper…If I’m super lazy, I will let her just suck on my pinky finger until she goes back to sleep instead of getting a pacifier!
None of these things are harming my baby, and I have to keep reminding myself that John and I are the two people who know what is absolutely best for Harper. A lot of people will try to help us out or even bring us down- but nobody is better than us for her. We have done good so far with making a perfect baby, right?! 🙂
That is all.
oh no- wait… PLEASE help me get to the top by clicking the “top baby blogs” link on the right side of this page and then click VOTE to help me out! 🙂 Thanks, ya’ll!