It’s happening. That newborn amnesia. I can’t even remember what she was like at 6lbs 5 ounces!!! I would’ve never imagined shed be this mobile, THIS SOON, when I first brought her home. When she first came home she was like a little pile of mashed potatoes. MUSHY. I loved it. She was my smooshy little bunny. NOW she’s my kicking, rolling, sitting, and pseudo-crawling monkey!!
NEW THINGS FROM THIS MONTH:
- If I hand her the binky a certain way, she will put it in her mouth and leave it there! wahoo!
- She is SO close to legit crawling. She can get up on all fours and rock back n forth as if she is gearing up to go full speed! Her arms are just not cooperating…AS USUAL!
- She can sit up without support for longer periods, but still needs help after a while!
- She can hold her bottle to feed herself much longer than she ever has! She held it and ate throughout a WHOLE diaper change yesterday! TEAMWORK!
- She makes a lot of sounds that sound like daddy. I keep telling myself it’s an accident. No LEGIT words yet. We are practicing all day though!!!
- She eats stage 2 baby foods like a pro! Her favorites are the chicken kind in any brand! She still doesn’t like bananas or prunes! Even when they’re mixed with the food she likes!
- She is still fascinated by her toes!
- She has started to display an emotion I’m not too fond of. FEAR. I absolutely HATE it. HATE!!!!! It hurts my heart when I hear the cry she makes when she feels afraid. She’s done it a handful of times and the cry is so distinct and full of fright! UGH I just want to take it away from her! She will do it if she is put down too fast and thinks she’s fallen, or if a stranger approaches too fast for her, or if she thinks something is going to fall on her,….oh and the occasional dog bark will scare her too. Usually with the dog barking I can go ahead and make sure she is looking at my face to know she is safe and nip it in the bud.
- She is entertained by the TV. This is glorious. If I find an extra interesting show, she will be entertained long enough for me to make lunch or do a load of laundry! She doesn’t stay glued to it for much longer than that- but it’s enough!
- She’s taken a special liking to MY BLANKIE. I am working on breaking that…because….well I NEED IT!!! LOL
I was just thinking the other day back to my pregnancy and how I never got to touch her, smell, her or kiss her back then…and how sweet it is to have her here in the flesh! I never imagined how great I would feel here with her! We are so LUCKY!!! We have such a perfect and HAPPY baby!
**If you enjoyed this blog and think I’m the bomb diggity- vote for this blog by clicking the “top baby blogs” link on the right side of this page. A pop up will appear and just click the owl on the left to confirm your vote! 🙂 THANK YOU