So lately Harper and I have had an issue. Well It’s more like an issue she has with other people…not including me.
She’s decided that she will only eat baby food from me, and fights it with everyone else.
What’s up with that? It’s SO frustrating:
- because I worry when I leave her in someone else’s care they can’t follow my meal plan instructions for her.
- that when John his home, he is reluctant to feed her baby food because she gives him an extra hard time.
- that others have to give her a bottle instead of baby food, which makes her poop LIQUID and SUPER STINKY!!!! (making me think the milk doesn’t sit well with her)
- because I know it stresses out anyone I ask to watch her when feeding time rolls around.
Why does she eat so well with me? She eats 1.5-2 packages every sitting with me, but when with others, only eats 1/2 a container!
These are my possible answers as to why:
- Maybe others don’t recognize which foods need to be phased into her favorite foods so she will like the taste more. Somehow I have a sense of what she doesn’t want because of taste. I know…I have an extreme advantage of knowing her best.
- Others give up when she starts to go into ANGRY BIRD mode. I understand that completely. She flails her arms around, tries to throw the food in the floor, and SCREAMS!!! It’s easy to be defeated during that.
- Others just don’t have my ninja skill set for feeding my child. I have tricks and dances that tend to work if she starts to go downhill. When I know she is still hungry and is just fussing, I MAKE her eat. She’s not allowed to leave the chair until she’s satisfied my food in baby quota.
I did my normal “scour the internet” thing and realized nobody in the world has this same problem. Or they aren’t on google. 🙂
The next step in helping with this is figuring out how to remedy it.
I want to try:
- Asking others to feed her more routinely so that she gets used to it.
- Adding a few soft table foods to her meal plan…because who doesn’t love to play with their food?
Those blanks mean suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!!
New foods I am considering:
- Banana pieces
- Grilled cheese
- cheese slices
- french toast
- scrambled eggs
- canned green beans
- macaroni and cheese
- cheese sticks
- baby tomatoes cut small
- grapes cut small
Does anyone out there recommend any fun foods to start to try!?
I hope everything goes good with all these new things we have to try!
Have a good night!