This happened last time. My brain was covered in a thick fog after I hit the 8 week mark. Here it is again.
I keep trying to figure out what EXACTLY puts me in the fog.
When I drive my car, I COMPLETELY check out. I will drive to destination B, then back to destination A…and not remember a bit of the drive. Nothing. It’s gone.
I daydream about what our kids will look like playing together, the perfect wagon for 2 kids, what baby 2.0 will look like, how I am going to work out the c section details, where guests will stay after we occupy our only guest bedroom with a baby, if 2.0 is going to be as good a Harper Mack (Does lightening strike twice?!??), what the new nursery is going to entail……..JUST CONSUMED BY ALL THIS.
Even when I’m at home, if you don’t catch me reading on wordpress, you’ll probably catch me staring into space. I do it even in front of the TV…just leave my body and wonder around in my brain while staring at the wall behind the tv.
I don’t know if it’s bad? Is it? My brain is just everywhere. Everywhere but WITH me.
I’ve also started the idiot stage. I’m my own worst enemy now. Examples:
- I shaved my left leg twice last week and never touched my right one.
- I dropped a million pound bucket of quarters on my toe. Even after looking at the bucket and saying to myself “Dang, this thing is going to be the heaviest I’ve ever seen it”.
- I spilled water on my new Macbook air. (I’m now in the grieving/desperation process)
- My friends text me and I can’t understand what they heck they meant! All the time I do this. My friend Amy had to literally break down every sentence of her text to me so I could actually understand it.
- I’ve lost my debit card TWICE.
- Knocked 8,000 containers of baby food over in the grocery store.
- Forgot to pee………you know just how lethal this is if your a preggo.
- Put the ice cream in the fridge.
- Zezted my own fingers while lemon zesting. Where are these unicorns out there in the world that can actually do this? I’m not one of these magical people.
- Fed the baby cat food instead of cheerios. (JUST KIDDING)
I’m sure the list could go on and on and on and on (now I’m singing the Lamb Chop song). Baby 2.0 must be stealing a few of my brain cells, or maybe it is just stealing the majority of my blood so that my brain has a lack thereof. Already giving me a hard time…I hope this isn’t a precursor of what’s to come!!
I’ll be going now…to watch these birds circle my head.
Tell me what suffering from pregnancy fog has done to you! 🙂
oh oh oh oh oh oh wait!!! One more thing. Click HERE to vote for my blog on top baby blogs and help me get closer to the top!