We have an issue.
Rather, Harper and I have an issue.
She likes to do fun things.
I like to stop her from doing fun things. Ya know, like eating the trash, licking the remote, beating on the table in public, trying to play with expensive statues in others homes. Sounds fun huh?
I’ve been perplexed on how to approach her. I’m not so sure spanking is the route I’m ready for right now. And I don’t even know if she would understand it.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Holding her hands down when she beats the table. Then she screams like a banchee and we have to leave the restaurant.
- Telling her no and redirecting her attention. She goes right back to what she wasn’t supposed to be doing.
- I’ve tried telling her NO firmly in addition to smacking her hand. Yea that worked really well…she looked at me, giggled, and hit me back thinking it was a game.
- I’ve tried putting her in her crib, but that’s for sleep and she knows it, so she goes to sleep…at the wrong times of day, screwing up the nap schedule!
- I even let her experiment with the stairs she always screams to get to. (there’s 3 of them total) and she toppled down 2. I thought maybe that was a lesson, but after seeing her go right back to what she was doing, I doubt it.
Any suggestions? Is she just too young to understand discipline? She’s not a bad baby, in fact, she is the happiest baby in the world. She just gets into things that could be dangerous to her, or could be dangerous to our electronics!
Maybe just strap a helmet and knee pads on the kid and let her go?
AND if she’s this clumsy now……..what kind of driver will she be? O_O
Help will be appreciated.
If you have time, head on over to Top Baby Blogs to vote for me. Just click HERE, and your vote will be submitted after clicking the left owl! Hooty hoo!