You are now 15 months old!!! In 3 more months, you’ll be a year and a half old! That’s crazy.
I felt like I needed to post on what you’re up to now, because you have changed SO much since your first birthday, there’s no way I could remember it all if you keep it at this rate!
This year you were old enough to have some real Valentine’s day fun with us! Last year, you were too tiny to do anything but cuddle with us, which was great. This year, you set up your very own kissing booth and wore your great grandmother’s necklace to bring in the big bucks!
You also made this sweet card for The Daddy:
This is also the month you started TO WALK!!! You look like a drunk guy when you walk around, but you’re so cute nobody cares if you look like a drunk.
You’ve also really stepped up your boogie moves the last 3 months. When you hear the music start to play, you high tail it to your stage AKA our ottoman, climb on top, and shake it!! You’ve even started to stand on it and dance this week. While I find it a little scary and have tiny strokes every single day, you LOVE it. You even think it’s funny to fall off the ottoman, so funny, that you do it on purpose now. Maybe we will get you a helmet for your 1.5 year birthday.
You are an active participant in peek a boo.
And we got you (and daddy) a new puppy this month. You were really excited about him the first couple of days, but I think you’re a little hesitant that he is taking away your attention now, so you just ignore him if you can. Sometimes you can’t because he’s all up in your biz.
You are also getting acquainted with your very own potty! You tinkle in it about 8-10 times a day, and after I tell you “YAY YOU PEE PEE AGAIN!” you will clap and say YYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!! I hope you keep the good work up because it’s really saving a lot of diapers and wipes!
Potty training is also where you learned how to HUG ME! When I stand you up to put your pants back on, you throw your arms around me and lean in as hard as you can, it’s probably the sweetest thing ever. It’s even sweeter if you’re not getting off the potty! 🙂
Here are some NEW things that you say to us now:
- Good girl!!!
- Bah bah bah bah baaaahhhhhh (this means bite. it means feed me lady, stop eating all the food in front of my face ya pregnant bison!!)
- Thank you. (This JUST happened!)
- Noooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!! We really encourage this one. Which is strange because usually parents aren’t excited to hear their kids say NO, but your noooohhh is so cute, we just have to repeat it every time you say it!
- Ay yay yay! (as you slam your palms to your forehead to show your frustration)
- AND YOU STARTED SAYING MAMA AGAIN!!!! You forgot MAMA for several months! I was starting to wonder if you’d ever start saying it again, but no worries, I’M BACK IN THE GAME!!
I can’t say it enough, no matter how bad my day was or what went wrong, you will always make me smile every day! You’re such a sweet personality and you even know if I’m feeling sad, you will come and sit in my lap to make me feel better. You really are such a good girl!!