I kept going back inside this room and thinking…I can’t post pictures yet, I need to add stuff! We are finally passed the adding stage! Your room is ready for you, Baby!
What I love most about the room is what we paid to do it! All of the furniture was refurbished from stuff we were given or already had with a good coat of paint! The only 2 major expenses from us were the curtain fabric, paint, and the animal heads.
- The paint on the walls: Plain white and Owl grey (from benjamin moore) were used for our stripes. (I just measured 13 inch stripes and taped them with frog paint)
- The mint paint used for the crib, toy chest, and door painting is called Sea Glass from Martha Stewart.
- The yellow paint for the dresser and Dr. Seuss painting was a mixed bag of nuts. I basically found a swatch with 3 different shades of yellow and didn’t really like them. So I started to mix them together in certain variations to get what I wanted. I did the top drawer and base the lightest yellow, then one shade darker for each drawer.
- The animal heads are form Z galleria.
- The curtain fabric is called corn yellow from Hancock’s or JoAnn’s fabrics (I can’t remember which one!)
- My mother in law made the curtains.
- My mother made the cushions for our glider, the pillow, and one of the crib blankets.
- I made the stencil paintings.
- I also made the mobile from paint chips! It cost me about 6$ total to make. 🙂 There are lots of DIY tutorials on how to make them on your own.
I’m sure I am leaving out stuff, but if you want to know about something I didn’t list, send me a comment and I will tell you where it came from! 🙂
I hope you like it!
While you’re here please help me out by VOTING for us on Top Baby Blogs! Just click the owl on the left, and your vote is submitted, then you can look at all the other mommy blogs up!