Who threw us into this time warp?!? You were once a squishy newborn …seems like last week. I miss your squishiness, but baby girl, I love you more now than I ever have before! Seeing you is like seeing my heart walk around outside my body. We have to protect you, we have to provide a safe home for you to live in, safe friends to play with, and a whole ton of other things.
In the time that you’ve been with us you’ve taught us so many lessons, given us so many new emotions, you’ve daily made us laugh with you or at you, you’ve danced more than a few nights away. You’ve also shown us the love a sister has for her brother. We must’ve picked the right brother. Not sure if we can return him as it’s been over 14 days.
Lessons you’ve taught yourself as well as us:
- Don’t be greedy. That’s right Honey, I found 4 Fake Toms in your toy box yesterday!!!
- Proceed with caution. Especially on stairs. You taught yourself that lesson. Ouch.
- Eat frequently so as not to turn into the evil witch of the west.
Emotions I feel with you:
- As a parent I have a huge fear that someone will try to take such a pretty little girl so I have to keep tabs on you at all times!
- Empathy with you as you endure test after test while we hold you down. It breaks our hearts to have to do that to you every other week. :*( I shed a tear every time, but try to get it together before you or anyone else notices.
- SO loved. I can tell you love me. We play hug wars every other day and I LOVE IT!!! Not a day goes by you don’t make The Mommy and The Daddy smile.
- I feel like I am becoming your role model. I’m not sure I’ve ever been that to anyone before. You watch me all day and try to do exactly as I do! My 2 favorite things to do with you are: painting our nails to match and making faces in our front cam!
- Excited to see what you have in store for your brother. You are very sweet to him, you want to hold him and carry him, but he’s just a little too heavy for that now. Not sure he will ever be light enough for you to carry honestly.
Here are some skills you have mastered lately:
- Ejecting The Daddy’s playstation games.
- Reaching anything on our counters with a little tip toe action.
- You turn into stealth fighter when you notice a phone unattended.
- You pee pee on the potty all day long.
- You rock your brother in his swing and in his carseat when he cries.
- You give him his binky when he needs it.
- You just figured out how to open the mini fridge. Broke my heart.
- You’re still a dancin’ fool.
- You can say: Daddy, Mommy, Nina, Pawpaw, Nana, Poppy, Nanny, Ashley, Aubrey, Linda, Kitty cat, Meow, puppy, blue, purple, pink, green, and yellow, and often refer to the dog as “nonono”(because that’s all the mommy and the daddy call him).
- You can sing part of twinkle twinkle little star.
- You can count some of your numbers, your favorite is nine.
- You can brush The Mommy’s hair AND your teeth. Just not at the same time.
Everyday we have with you is a blessing and we love you with every cell of our being! You are our little shining star, Kitty.
The Mommy loves you.