You are 4 months old this week. I wish I knew the secret to stop time because I need you to stay this small and cuddly for The Mommy. I sniff your head every day just to make sure that the newborn scent is still there. It is. It’s just not as strong as it once was. Stop it. Physically, you’re a big dude. You weighed 14lbs last month. I’m not sure what you’ll weigh when we go to your next dr appointment! You are so happy when you are with me.
You’re serious when you see others.
You must really like me. Who am I kidding? You do REALLY like me. You think I’m funny and you love the way I smell, even when I haven’t showered. I actually think you like me more when I haven’t showered and washed all the good mommy smells off. I won’t tell your friends about this when you’re older. I think you’re going to be more like The Mommy than your sister is. You already want to have a blankie like The Mommy.
Somedays you really like your sister and think she’s funny.
Most days you’re very concerned with her. You have a look on your face when you hear her like “she’s RIGHT behind me isn’t she?”
Even though I think you will be a lot like The Mommy, you look just like The Daddy.
We will never need a paternity test.
Here are a few of your favorite things at 4 months old:
- The Mommy.
- Breastmilk. LOTS of it.
- Your hands. I melt when you chew on your hands. It’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen.
- Blankets. You have one. You like mine as well.
- A twinkle twinkle little star video. It was your sister’s FAVORITE thing ever. She can sing along with it now!
- Ribbon. You manage my bow making business and are so intrigued when I hand you my spare ribbon. It’s so bright and pretty!
Things you dislike:
- Pooping. Apparently it’s a real bear.
- To be set down. You demand to be held at all times.
- Rice cereal. We tried it a few days ago in your breast milk…….you’re still not over it.
- Loud sounds.
I can’t wait to see all of the new things you have in store for The Mommy and The Daddy.
I love my Buddy.