Thank you Faith and Maddness for nominating me for the Leibster Blog Award!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” then. I’m super flattered and glad someone cares to read about my adventures even if I’ve been sort of dull lately!
Here are the rules of the award-
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
● Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you.
● Create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
● Choose eleven people and link them in your post.
● Go to their page and tell them.
● Remember no tag backs!
So first the eleven facts about me:
- I am addicted to twirling my hair.
- Green beans are my favorite food.
- I religiously sleep with my blankie every time I go to bed. Heck, even when I nap.
- I’ve lead a conga line.
- I was the only freshman in my class that made the dance team. (even though I REALLY wanted my best friends to make it with me)
- My favorite non house-pet animals are moose and owls.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with kittens, while we are on the animal thing. I even find myself suspicious of people who are allergic to such a fluffy ball of cuteness…I need to see the sneezes and puffy eyes as confirmation that they’re not faking it and simply just do not like cats.
- I used to have AMAZING hair. No seriously, it was ridiculous. Whether it’s old age, baby making, or excessive heated iron use…it’s just not the same. I don’t even like to look back at the pictures from 7 years ago because I’m so jealous of myself.
- In 2006 I bought myself 2 things my Nanny refers to as “fake titties”, and I REALLY regret it! I want them completely removed now-is that insane?
- I am drawn to people who live completely different lifestyles from me, because in my experience, they’re the funniest, nicest, most interesting people out there!
- I won’t eat something if lettuce has touched it. It’s that one food that will make me gag. In front of people. Rather just avoid that. I’m no better of a gagger than I am a cryer.
11 Questions for the nominated bloggers
– What is your favorite state shape and why?
I’m pretty partial to Tennessee!! 🙂 I like the skinny rectangle look!
– If you were a color, what color do you think you’d be?
I think I would be green.
– Did using highlighters help you study in school?
Not really, I have to write things down a few times to remember them. That’s not to say I don’t use highlighters to decorate my notes. Because I like to be artsy.
– As a child, did you have one movie that you watched repetitivly to the annoyance of everyone else in your family? If yes, what movie?
I don’t remember having ONE movie I watched over and over again, til this day, I still am very reluctant to watch a movie twice. That’s not to say I haven’t seen some movies “for Harper” a MILLION times. We watch despicable me at least once a day.
– What’s your favorite crafty thing to do?
– What chore do you detest the most?
Just one? I really hate getting laundry out of the dryer. And unloading the dishwasher. These things are clean…can I teach them to walk back to where they came from!?
– Have you ever honked at someone in a drive through?
Probably. I’m a honker. I honk at anything that irritates me on the road. My horn sounds like the road runner.
– What is your least favorite Christmas Carol? (Mine is “Do you hear what I hear?”)
I can agree with you on do you hear what I hear. I crinkled my nose when I read that.
– Why did you start blogging?
Because I was going nuts. No really, I was. I wanted to tell everyone what I thought and felt, but not everyone cared, so I found a world that did. 🙂 And for the people who do care, they can log on and sporadically check to see why I’m irritated this week.
– Have you ever adopted a stray pet? If yes, give the back story. If no, do you think you ever would?
Only every freaking few months of my entire life. I lived in the times where people would sit outside walmart with a box of free tiny kittens for adoption. Best believe I asked for one every time they were there!!
– If you had a super power, what would it be and why?
I would like to read minds! I often assume people have bad intentions behind the things they say or do and find myself constantly saying “okay…I’m sure they didn’t mean it THAT way….I’m sure they had good intentions…..RIGHT???”
Then again, I might not like what I find out!
Here are the blogs I am nominating! You guys are great, I always look forward to your posts and am excited when I see one pop up in my reader! I hope it makes your day that you guys sometimes make MY day!
expectingtwo – (http://expectingtwo.wordpress.com)A sweet momma with double the sweetness for babies!!! I don’t know HOW she does it, I’m sure her superwoman cape is neatly ironed next to her bed right now as I type.
The trotter Family – (http://trottot.wordpress.com)I just recently started following this one, and SO glad because I got to see the first pictures of baby girl! 🙂
Imperceptible nod – (http://imperceptiblenod.wordpress.com) SHE REALLY CRACKS ME UP!! No, really. She says things that I think, but because of censorship, I’m not allowed to post. Maybe I should just send my mean posts her way for her amusement.
infertileginger – (http://infertileginger.wordpress.com) She’s funny. She was ALSO raised in the south and doesn’t like sweet tea, something we share. This ginger doesn’t do anything half-@ssed! She is having TWO babies instead of one. What an amazing woman! Bravo, Ginger! You may not have a soul, but you’re definitely growing two souls! 🙂
Kathryn Finding Balance – ( http://kathrynfindingbalance.wordpress.com ) A sweet loving girl, in a very different world! She’s a saint! She can deal with situations in her life that might drive me mad, all whilst growing a sweet baby! I always enjoy reading her work and hearing from her!
Cavey Baby – (http://caveybaby.wordpress.com) I read her blog in an english accent. That does it for me. No really though, she’s great! PLUS she’s having a baby boy like me! I’m thinking one day we should get together via Skype so I can see if she sounds like what I’ve been imitating! And Harper goes nuts over skype 🙂
We Ate Cake – (http://weatecake.com) She just welcomed in a new little pea to her pod, a gorgeous pea at that. Super sweet and full of love and happiness, isn’t that refreshing?
The Hopeful Pink Lady… (http://thehopefulpinklady.wordpress.com)- Oh how I love this one! I started to follow her in the midst of a hard time for her I think. I would check back with her pretty frequently because she stayed on my mind, I wanted the best turnout possible for her, and she got it! I’m so happy to see her posts of baby shower decorations and such! What a deserving person!
The Falco Project (http://thefalcoproject.wordpress.com) – It’s a much different cup of tea than I’m used to being served, and I love that!!! I love the kindness and humor displayed by theses sweet folks!
No, MY TURN!!!! Here are my questions for the bloggers I nominate!
- What is the number one thing you catch yourself censoring on your blog? and have you ever been asked to remove anything?
- What’s your guilty food pleasure?
- What do you do when nobody’s looking?
- What qualities of yours do you hope your kid/s get?
- What’s your least favorite food?
- What is the nastiest thing you’ve ever seen?
- What was that “defining moment” that made you sit back and go “okay…I’m a REAL parent now!!!!”
- How do you de-stress after a terrible day?
- What are you OCD about? Come on, there’s gotta be something!
- What is a special talent that people are always asking you to do? (example: make that phenomenal pie you always make, take some pictures of our family since you’re so good at it…etc…)
- What’s your favorite time saving trick for doing chores with kids?